Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Age Group Nationals

Tuscaloosa was a great host city with good places to ride and run.  The park was a good venue, aside from the cold start in the Black Warrior River that it may have necessitated.  I could have used more time to warm up; heart rate can get out of whack with a race start in an overcrowded river.  Water temperature was well into the 80's.  That big gap (1/2 hour) in the waves did a good job giving the 30 and 40-somethings a hot run.

As the pundits say, it's not how hard you train but how hard you recover.  In the end it's the little things.  Forgetting the address and contact information of VeloCity Pro Cycle had me going in circles late on Thursday and having to wait until late morning Friday to get my bike and losing sleep in the process.  Either those antacids were a little too far past expiration or I should have started the cycle earlier.   22nd out of 85 at Nationals...  I can live with that; but, I'm having some regrets that I did not rent race wheels after missing official Team USA qualification by four places.  

No comments:

Post a Comment